Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rim Banna, This was not my story


This was not my story

Lyrics by Zuhaira Sabbagh

.....

This was not my story

since the beginning of time

since my first songs

this was not my story

since the time of first passion

when Anat was roving through my valleys and my mountains

blazing the earth

whose waiting patiently

for the drops of heavenly water

glazing the earth with love

growth and peace

My story turned to be in my tent

beyond the borders

transmitted by the hills

And Iam opening a window

toward Palestine

and fifty years of waiting

The wind is carrying for me

breathe of air full of moaning and defeating

.....

Rim berättade häromdagen på arabiska Aljazeera om när hon försökte ta sig in i staden Jeriko för att sjunga i en konsert för barn. Soldaten som hindrade henne att komma genom vägspärren skrek: "Det finns inga barn därinne! Där finns bara terrorister!"

Hur som helst, Rim, hennes man och hennes mor, kröp genom ett hål i en stängsel och sent omsider lyckades ta sig in med hennes tre barn och instrument. Och hon sjöng för de väntande barnen...


No comments: